- Creator and author of "Low-tech Magazine", a blog that is published in English, Dutch and Spanish. Low-tech Magazine refuses to assume that every problem has a high-tech solution. Since 2007.
- Creator and author of "No Tech Magazine". Short posts related to the same topics. Since 2009.
- Writer for the DEMAND Centre at Lancaster University (UK), which researches energy demand as an outcome of social practices. Since 2016.
- Collaborator for the Department of Search, University of Utrecht (The Netherlands). The Department of Search is an insert of artistic and informal searching at the Utrecht Science Park campus. Since 2015.
- Co-author of the book "Energie in 2030" ("Energy in 2030"), a project of the "Rathenau Instituut", which advises the Dutch government on challenges related to science and technology. From 2010 to 2011.
- Author of "Stralingswarmte: gezonde warmte met minder energie" (English summary), Eburon, 2015. The book was commissioned by De Twaalf Ambachten, a research centre for simple and affordable ecological technology in the Netherlands.
- Articles for "Resilience" (English), "The Oil Drum" (English), "Scilogs" (Dutch), "nrc.next" (Dutch), "EOS" (Dutch), "Scientific American" (Dutch), "De Koevoet" (Dutch), "Molenecho's" (Dutch), and "Down To Earth" (Dutch). Since 2009.
- Freelance journalist for (among others) "Knack", "De Tijd" and "De Standaard", all newspapers and magazines in Belgium. In-depth articles on science, technology, energy and environment. In Dutch. From 1996 to 2007.
Talks & Workshops:
- "Open Forum on Technology", Summer School on Degrowth and Environmental Justice, Can Decreix, Cerbère, France, July 2016
- "Back to the Middle Ages?", Nocturne Anno 1465, Domein Raversyde, Oostend, Belgium, July 2016
- "Spark Lecture: Low-tech Solutions for High-tech Problems", Climate KIC, Utrecht, the Netherlands, June 2016
- "Low-tech Solutions", The Hague University of Applied Sciences, The Hague, The Netherlands, November 2015
- "Low-tech Cities", Border Sessions, The Hague, The Netherlands, November 2015
- "The prospective of forgotten technology", DEMAND Institute, Lancaster University, Lancaster, United Kingdom, May 2015
- "Low-tech Solutions", System D Academy, Sandberg Institute, Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, February 2015
- "Productontwikkeling: hightech of lowtech?", Workshop Product Design, Antwerp University, January 2015
- "Ever considered low-tech?", FEA Research Symposium, Ghent University, December 2014, Ghent, Belgium.
- "Low-tech Solutions for a Sustainable Society", Capitalism Catch-22, IMPAKT Festival, November 2013, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- "Smart Technologies: Possibly High or Low", Make a Difference (MaD) 2013, January 2013, Hong Kong.
- "Technologies Lost and Found" (workshop), Make a Difference (MaD) 2013, January 2013, Hong Kong.
- "The prospective of forgotten technology", ARTMAP, December 2012, Paris, France.
- "Energie anders bekeken: geschiedenis inspireert tot een duurzame energiestrategie", Koninklijke Vlaamse Ingenieursvereniging, November 2012, Antwerp, Belgium.
- "Lowtech creativiteit en innovatie", Gent BC Business Café, November 2012, Ghent, Belgium.
- "Energie in 2030 - maatschappelijke keuzes van nu", Rathenau Instituut & Energie+, October 2011, The Hague, the Netherlands.
- "LIFT France 2011: Be Radical", FING, July 2011, Marseille, France.
- "Duurzame filantropen", Flemish government, Departement of Environment, October 2010, Brussels, Belgium.
kris [at] lowtechmagazine [dot] com